Monday, April 26, 2010

Denton Jazz


The Arts and Jazz festival in Denton last weekend was a lot of fun -- long weekend, but fun. Great music, great weather, tons of people. I always enjoy visiting with folks that stop by my booth. And of course, every buyer is special!

But there are times that make me feel like a real connection is made.

I sold one of my new pieces, Introducing the Twins, to a man who told me he was buying it for a friend who had just had a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. He said she likes to point out her "new breasts", explaining that the old ones had to go because they were trying to kill her! Perfect! It is that exact sentiment I had hoped this piece would convey.. and it feels great when you know your artwork has gone to the right home, even if it is the home of a perfect stranger. This is Art making the world less immense, it's inhabitants less detached.

May the owner of Twins enjoy her new assemblage, and her new breasts, for many years.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan! Love your work. I found you while browsing the other artists for this year's Artsplosure. I'll be there with paintings, but I sure hope I get to walk around and meet you! Best of luck. Katie

    ReplyDelete