Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fame...



Back from Florida last Thurs., just in time to miss driving through snow (of all things) along I-10.

The trip was great. I loved being in my home state again and spending time with my brother, as well as some "old" friends I had not seen in many years. Also, enjoyed both art shows and learned aLOT, as always...

DeLand Fall Festival was a wonderful event and very VERY impressive as far as fine art goes. Some of the booths looked like mini art galleries, and the variety of work was excellent. The show included super amenities for artists... we were wined and dined the entire weekend! Thanks soooo much to the volunteers and staff for their hard work. DeLand is an artsy and very friendly little Florida town that I would highly recommend.

The Space Coast Art Festival in Cocoa Beach was also terrific. Again, a Wonderful variety of fabulous fine art, and the crowd was spectacular on both days. Weather was perfect. And it was so cool to see about 24 manatees sunning in a nearby canal! Plus, I won a merit award for one of my new pieces, "Fame", so that was a nice bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment